I hope you have had a wonderful holiday season and are gearing up for an even better new year. As we look forward to 2019, I’d like to share with you our community’s progress in the past year. In 2018, the final improvements to our community were built, final homes sold, and our community’s homeowners association transitioned to owner control. We had our first election of the Board of Directors and our first owner-run annual meeting. During our annual meeting, several important items were brought to our attention that we have been diligently working on. Here is a quick update on the board’s progress so far:
- Community Entrance – We are reviewing the final bid for adding lights to the entrance of the community and changing the sign to reflect the correct Meadows at Kyle name.
- Pool Maintenance – We discontinued our contract with the current pool cleaning service and are in the process of engaging a new pool cleaning company for the summer.
- Safety – We continue to explore several options to make the traffic circle and our streets safer. Signage, speed bumps, and requesting more KPD patrols are just a few.
- Sidewalk Repairs – We have engaged a company to repair damage to sidewalks and trails on Screech Owl, Dusky Thrush, and the trail near Kingfisher.
- Communication – We are developing a community newsletter, installing a marquee at the entrance, and periodic mailers with important community reminders.
As we continue to make our community one of the top places to live in Kyle, we could use your help with several community enhancements.
- While walking your pets through the neighborhood please be sure to help keep our community clean by picking up after your pets. Not picking up after your pet could result in fines from the association or from the city for violation of city ordinance. It is also worth noting that bio-waste can carry disease for both humans and animals, so it is critical that we all do our part in cleaning up after our furry family members.
- To maintain property values and to be fair to all, the board has established a set of community standards for external construction projects. These projects include fencing, landscaping, decks, satellite dishes, and TV antennae. All these additions require approval from our Architectural Control Committee. If you would like to make external changes to your home, both front yard and back yard, please be sure to complete the approval request at hoasites.goodwintx.com/mak/Home/ArchitecturalApplication.aspx. The committee is working to simplify and streamline the process, by responding to all requests within 3 business days.
Our Board of Directors is dedicated to fiscal stewardship and community engagement. We hope to balance your requests against our needs to watch the budget closely. All our board members are homeowners in our community and often have the same concerns as our neighbors. It is our hope to provide transparent governance of your Home Owners Association.
We invite you to attend your board meetings on the first Tuesday of every month in the conference room at the Cabela’s in Buda at 6:30 pm. Please check out our website for the most up to date information at https://meadowsofkylehoa.com/ and please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever have any concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President, Meadows at Kyle HOA